Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just a short story of How I begin with an idea of my design

This is a fit sample that I tried it on and it fit okay. So then after this we sent it to tie dye department. But the fit sample actually changed after we tie dye it because the tie dye and wash process actually made the garment shrink. So From my lesson I suppose to dye the garment before I fix the fitting.

Fit sample before tie dye




This is how I come out with a rough idea. It was actually a quick sketch. I did it when I was waiting for the flight. I still believe that drawing skill is the most important thing to present your idea, even it was just a quick sketch. I know now everywhere is using a computer graphic presentation for a Fashion design. But don't forget to keep praticing your drawing skill.

The first rough sketch for the short dress

No comments:

Post a Comment